We are a private geodetic company. We offer complex geodetic services, from basic surveying to mapping and the creation of site plans and even mine surveys. Our solutions are used by professionals as well as the general public, state and private companies and state and public administration. We are currently one of the largest providers of services in the field of geodesy and geodata administration in the Czech Republic.
To be closer to our customers, we have established a number of regional offices all around the Czech Republic in addition to the Prague head office.
In 2000, we introduced a quality management system pursuant to EN ISO 9001 as one of the first companies in our field of activity in the Czech Republic. In 2006, we successfully implemented an environmental management system pursuant to EN ISO 14001, and in 2012 we obtained certification in the health and safety management system pursuant to BS OHSAS 18001. Our company received certification from Správa železniční dopravní cesty, s.o. to install ZZ1 and ZZ2 console witness points.
Our technicians are continually trained in geodetic activities and to meet the demands of investors, builders and designers. We are regularly trained in our customers’ new directives and technical regulations. We have specialists for most standard operations on construction sites. For disciplines outside our permanent scope, we use a team of special consultants; thus, we are able to cover the entire spectrum of issues in engineering geodesy.
The company was established in 1990 by Miroslav Hrdlička and his son Martin Hrdlička.
The HRDLIČKA limited-liability company is one of the largest providers of services in geodesy and geodata administration in the Czech Republic. The company collaborates with the leading Czech and foreign construction firms, power engineering companies, telecommunication and water management companies. Its role in society obliges HRDLIČKA to join in efforts to preserve the natural environment, maintain continually sustainable development and control its own activities so that impacts on the environment are as low as possible. The company seeks to provide safe working conditions for all employees and other cooperating subjects in order to become a coveted business partner and employer.
- Geodesy in the broadest sense of the word, i.e. offering the work of other professions in our projects in addition to the actual geodetic operations (the provision of complex services to our customers).
- In the geodata sphere, the provision of services beginning with the definition of the customer’s needs, to their procurement, maintenance, publication and interconnection with other systems.
COMPANY MANAGEMENT UNDERTAKES TO:
- focus on the satisfaction of the customers’ needs;
- create, continually promote and regularly evaluate the efficiency of the “Integrated Management System” in the organization by measuring and monitoring company processes and evaluating their efficiency, including monitoring the satisfaction of the involved parties as feedback for the planning of changes in management and the organization of the company processes;
- keep and strengthen the position of the company on the market, especially in the field of geodesy and related activities.
Company management is responsible for ensuring the conditions and means for the implementation and improvement of the management system focussed on understanding and satisfying customer’s needs. The conditions and means concern the following:
- Expanding and increasing employee qualifications, including training in quality assurance.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Quality technological preparation of production.
- Maintaining technological discipline.
- Transition to new technologies, their development and application in the workplace.
- Generating profit to foster company development.
- Work certainty through the transparent and unequivocal definition of individual workers’ competences and responsibilities.
- Transparency of externally provided processes, unequivocal formulation of demands for outsourcing.
TO ENSURE QUALITY, COMPANY MANAGEMENT EXPECTS THE FOLLOWING FROM EMPLOYEES:
- Expansion and increase of qualifications.
- Review of their own activities and results to ensure high-quality products and services.
- Maintaining technological discipline.
- Maintaining occupational safety and principles of ecological behaviour.
- Care for workplace order, cleanliness and refinement.
- A willingness to admit mistakes, errors and nonconformities.
- Searching for reserves in the utilisation of the work period.
- Creative thinking and a willingness to undertake a reasonable level of risk.
IN THE FIELD OF ECOLOGY, HRDLIČKA SPOL. S R. O. UNDERTAKES TO:
- respect all legal and other regulations in all of its activities and observe the specified limits in the field of environmental protection;
- effectively manage renewable as well as non-renewable natural sources;
- minimize negative impacts on the environment by preventive measures within the implemented management control system;
- create conditions for constant improvement and the reduction of environmental impacts by the constant verification and evaluation of the company’s environmental profile;
- motivate employees and business partners to take an active approach to environmental protection and its principles;
- adequately communicate with the involved parties in the field of environmental protection.
REGARDING OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, THE COMPANY UNDERTAKES TO:
- observe occupational safety and health protection as a statutory obligation with a society-wide priority, respect and check legal and other regulations in this sphere;
- incorporate all subjects related to business activity, i.e. suppliers, customers, visitors and the general public in the occupational safety and health protection system and actively cooperate with them;
- provide a sufficient range and amount of working means and protective aids on the condition of their careful use;
- increase workers’ knowledge and responsibility for their own safety through training and education in occupational safety and the protection of health and company property;
- prevent injuries and constantly improve occupational safety and fire protection.
The company policy is obligatory for all organizational sections and employees. To achieve this policy, company management specifies concrete objectives for the Integrated Management System, always for the period of one year. The company policy (version no. 4) is valid as of 1 October 2012.
Prague, 30 September 2012
Ing. Martin Hrdlička
HISTORY OF THE COMPANY
|1990||The period following the Velvet Revolution marked not only the fall of communism, but also the vast expansion of entrepreneurship. Miroslav and Martin Hrdlička took advantage of the opportunity to start working on their own. Their first project involved the surveying and documentation of the sewerage system in the town of Mainleus.|
|1991||Thanks to a professional approach, years of experience and well-executed work, the number of projects gradually grew. In response to this situation, a limited-liability company was established, the first workers were hired and investments were made in modern equipment.|
|1992||The first branch office was established in Cheb in order to be closer to customers in Germany. The next office was opened in Teplice.|
|1994||The HRDLIČKA Company grew considerably. The owners decided to invest in their own complex in Prague-Stodůlky.|
|1995||Offices in Písek and Rakovník are opened.|
|1997||Activities expand to south Bohemia, Příbram and České Budějovice.|
|1999||Another building was added to the Prague headquarters. The company expands from Bohemia to Brno in Moravia.|
|2000||Establishment of the Strakonice branch office.|
|2001||At the start of new millennium, the HRDLIČKA Company starts to expand its activities. In addition to geodetic activities, it becomes involved in software development. The MAWIS map server is created; this technology allows municipalities, utility line administrators and the general public to easily view maps on the Internet.|
|2004||HRDLIČKA spol. s r. o. expands to the Slovak market and establishes the HRDLIČKA SLOVAKIA subsidiary.|
|2005||Establishment of the Česká Lípa branch office.|
|2009||Establishment of the UtilityReport web application enabling the preparation of electronic requests for statements on the existence of utility lines and for contacting the corresponding administrators using an online form. The first towns to offer the application to citizens were Beroun, Písek and the Prague 13 district.|
|2010||Martin Hrdlička wins the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Prague and Central Bohemia.|
|2011||Reconstruction of an Art Nouveau villa in Česká Lípa.|